*Must fill field
Tax Accountant-Renewable Energy (Open to Remote)
Novato, California, United States
We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with renewable energy experience, to join our growing and dynamic team.
- Produce, in conjunction with independent tax firms, all reports and forms required by local, state and federal tax regulations.
- Support tax driven transactions (tax equity investments) by working with investors and company management to:
1. Assist company’s modeling resources to develop and review investment models support agreements negotiation
2. produce deal exhibits and required deliverables for transactions
3. maintain communication and manage deliverables with existing partners
- Bring expertise and tax insight on renewable energy.
- Evaluate energy assets to determine tax credit eligibility and work with 3rd party accounting firms on cost segregation reports
- Develop, strengthen and grow relationships, both existing and new, through professionalism, responsiveness and service-oriented approach
- Interact with the various departments in the organization to drive increased efficiency and accuracy and reduce 3rd party costs. Preparation of tax returns and provide advisory services related to the modeling and structuring of renewable energy tax equity structures
- Identify potential issues and propose solutions to leadership, as well as implement process improvement strategies
- Preparation of summary tax memos for complex tax issues
- Research and communicate implications of tax law changes
- Assist with tax research, tax planning, and analysis
- Assist in preparation of cash tax forecast
- Overall responsibility for local tax payments, payroll tax registration, and local electricity surcharges
What you bring
- A minimum of five (5) years direct renewable energy tax experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Current and active CPA license
What we can offer you:
An amazing team of people. We have doubled our staff this year and maintain a 98% retention rate. Fair and equitable compensation. There are a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,300 to $150,000. Work life balance with employee physical and financial health at the forefront. We offer medical, dental, vision, STD and employee life insurance as well as a 401K with 6% match. Employees are eligible for all benefits on their first day of employment.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe that everyone should be heard. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.